How to create and update your landscape boundary on Terraso
An essential part of managing a landscape in Terraso is drawing its boundaries. Not only do boundaries represent the land, water, and people within your landscape, but, in the future, they will allow Terraso to gather data about your landscape and make it available to its members.
In order to draw a landscape boundary and upload it to Terraso, follow these steps:
- In a separate window, go to geojson.io.
- In the map that appears, zoom into the area around your landscape by using the +/- buttons on the upper right.
- To draw a boundary shape, click on the pentagon icon .
- Click on the map multiple times to trace the boundary of your landscape.
- To finish drawing the boundary, click on the first point you placed of the shape.
- In the menu, go to “Save”. In the dropdown menu, click on “GeoJSON”.
- Name your file and save it to your computer.
- Back in Terraso, click the “Select File” button.
- Select your file, and check the preview pane to see that your file is accurate.
- Click “Save Changes” to finalize the change of your landscape polygon.